One of the core aspects to any business is cultivating repeat business. This can only be done through the fostering of good, strong customer relationships. While new business is always a good thing, it is the loyal customers’ repeat business that will eventually become the core of your business. Here are six great benefits to building strong customer relationships.
1. Loyal customers are more likely to spend more: a customer that has bought products from you before and that whom you have developed a strong relationship with is far more likely to buy more. Even if your prices increase, because of your strong relationship, the customer will feel that it is worth spending a bit extra to stay with your brand or business.
2. Free advertising through word of mouth: if you make your customers happy and keep them happy then they are more likely to spread positive information about you. This is basically like free advertising and is guaranteed to get more feet through the door.
3. Keeping an existing customer is easier than finding a new one: keeping your customers happy who already know about your products or services is a lot cheaper than spending money on advertising to attract new customers. Rather spend time keeping your existing customers happy.
4. Loyal customers can act as a sounding board: customers that have been with you for a while will really know your products and can offer advice or comment on potential changes or new additions to your range.
5. Loyal customers can lead to new opportunities: loyal customers can often be just the ticket to finding new opportunities. This will depend on the nature of your business as well as the nature of the relationship that you have with your customers. With the right product a customer may be able to provide you with the information you need to pursue new opportunities.
6. Happy customers will come to you: any customer who is happy with your level of service or expertise will come back to you before you have to seek out business. If the customer has confidence in the quality of your work.